Just upgraded our Exchange 2003 infrastructure to 2010 and get reports from the users that our mail-enabled public folders are not recieving mail. They are failing with the following error.
#554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message The Active Directory user wasn't found. ObjectNotFoundException: The Active Directory user wasn't found. ##
After some quick digging, I found a couple of posts that explained everything rather well. The only problem was I am not very experienced with ADSIedit and it is an extremely powerful tool. If not careful, you can hose your whole AD infrastructure quicker than you can bring up monster.com. The best one gives a better run through using ADSIedit to find the offending OU.
Brief instructions, please read the other posts before deleting anything!! You have been warned.
- Run ADSIedit.msc
- Connect to the configuration partition
- Browse to CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Organization Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local Of course replace domain,local,Organization Name and First Administrative Group by the appropriate settings of your organization.
- Make sure the Servers container specified above is EMPTY
- Delete it the Servers container
- Wait for Active Directory replication to occur
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology Service and the Microsoft Exchange Information Store
NOTE: If you are running a DAG with the failover clustering, restarting the Information Store will cause your databases to failover to the other DAG member.